logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DylanBaird  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 4:35:17 PM(UTC)
DylanBaird

Groups: Registered
Canada

Good afternoon,

As the title suggests, I'm struggling with configuring the login options for my purposes. In fact, I cannot seem to get the login to work at all and I would like some direction to help me out.

I'm running the Seal Web Server on a linux machine - for context.

I run the project, and am directed to https://localhost:5001 and am prompted with a login page. I am a bit confused because I don't think that it did this before. When I first tested the application I was able to send requests (post, with the path to the report) from Postman without any authentication and it worked fine. Likewise, I could just open the web app and execute the sample reports.

Either way, I can't seem to even get past this now. I have tried looking through the code and I see (also from the website) that there are various scripts for authentication. How do we change these? We take the script we want and place it into the <Script> tag of Security.xml? In the default, I see that various username/password combinations are defined. None of them work. I've tried entering them into the login prompt and receive the same "Errors while compiling a Template" error message. When I debug the code it throws an error while trying to execute the script. I've also tried replacing it with the NoSecurity script, but that fails to compile as well.

Ideally, I actually want a configuration with no security at all. I appreciate the work that went into setting this up, but for my purposes, that will all be handled by the calling application anyway. In fact, all I want to be able to do is call /SWExecuteReport and display the returned View in an IFrame embedded in my site. Now, if authentication is required, I don't mind having to place a call to SWILogin first as that can be done behind the scenes without my user being aware.

In short, the default auth configuration seems to not be working for me, and I would like some advice as to how to configure the most simple auth possible - ideally even none.

Thank you in advance,
Dylan
epf  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2021 5:21:28 PM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Yes you are right, the security provider defines the security as described in https://sealreport.org/Server#lineSecurity

If is defined in security.xml which is edited using the Server Manager (Configuration -> Configure Web Security).
For no security, just select <No Security> for the Security Provider property.

Then it will set the XML tag <ProviderName>No Security</ProviderName> in security.xml

Finally, just deploy the file to your linux distribution.

Good luck.