logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bcg008  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 8:09:28 AM(UTC)
bcg008

Groups: Registered

Hi all,
I need to define a report based on two input parameters from the user. I defined these two parameters as enumerated lists, so both will show a drop down based on LOV. The issue is that I need the second parameter to show values, based on the first parameter selection.
For example, let's assume the first parameter is a department and the second parameter is employees - I need the the drop down for the employees will only show employee that are part of the department which the user choose (department_id field is part of the employees table). I've tried a lot of combinations but no one seems to work, and I'm getting in the second list all the values in DB, regardless of the department id. Can someone explain how should the SQL statement look like, as well as the enumerated lists (and whatever is needed) so I will be able to get the required list only? I've follows the samples but still couldn't find a solution.

Thanks in advance
epf  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2020 6:31:13 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 198 post(s)
This feature can be done using Dynamic Display properties of the enumerated list...
check: https://sealreport.org/Sources#lineEnums_1

This work also if your input values are defined with the Enum, I made a simple report with a basic sample in attachment.
test input restrictions.srex (4kb) downloaded 11 time(s).