logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Benbabu  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 5:59:19 AM(UTC)
Benbabu

Groups: Registered
India

Hi Eric,

Please confirm that When we do a drill-down, shouldn't the report ideally show the next level of detail, with the same filters applied in the background ?

Ex: in Northwind, I have drill-down enabled on Customers.City (drill down to --> Customers.Customer).
This is pulled into my report along with fields : Customers.Customer and Order_Detail.Amount.

On clicking City-A (which displays Amount=$100), I would expect to now show me the customers that :
i.) pertain only to City-A
ii.) contribute to afore-mentioned $100 Amount.

- But it instead shows me ALL the Customers under City-A.
-And If I click on the 'Information' tab , the Restriction is shown as : City='A'; instead it should have been City='A' AND Amount=100 .

For a temporary workaround, I have pulled "Amount" field as a Row-Element, declaring the drill-down on it too. So now the 'Information' tab shows Restriction: Amount=100, with the correct drill-down data.

Could you please tell me if I have missed out on any step to achieve drill-down accurately ?

Thank you.
epf  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 6:57:08 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 198 post(s)
The drill restriction will be applied only to the parent element drilled as explained here:
https://sealreport.org/Sources#lineColumns_1

The problem here is when you have several lines with City-A, the other values of the line will be taken into account, this is not handle by the drill mechanism so far.

could be a feature request and added as an option of the drill.