logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
OttoToot  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 12:51:15 PM(UTC)
OttoToot

Groups: Registered
Finland

Good day,

I'm going through the quick install process and set up everything up until step 5 ("Select desired tables in your Data Source and click [OK]. Tables, columns and joins have been automatically added.") where I'm to select tables to be joined and columns to be added, but the wording is slightly ambiguous (or just good old language barrier) and I can't tell if it will add those columns to the database I've 'linked' it to or will it create a 'temporary database' that Seal report will use and copy the data to? (Everything points to the latter, but I'd just like to be sure before I go further)
Such an insignificantly small detail but, one option would have little to no impact on anything and the other would create a whole lot of work for me :)

Thanks for any advice!

Edited by user Thursday, March 16, 2017 12:53:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Typos, so many typos

epf  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:19:45 PM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Hi, sorry for the wording but SR would not create any temp database or tables or data.
Here you are just creating the metadata definition for your source used to query the database.

Thank you for your feedback.