logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sealfan  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 8:29:28 PM(UTC)
sealfan

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would like to be able to just forward an HTTP link of one of my Seal reports to any user,

http://servername/seal/InitExecuteReport?path=%5cReportName.srex

However I see that there is no cookie created if I hit this URL directly and I get a message saying that the report is not in the session any longer. If I hit the Seal main page I get a cookie and this is used when launching the report.

Is there a way to work around the cookie such that I can just hit the above link directly without having to always navigate to the seal main page.

Many Thx.
epf  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2016 8:28:18 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 199 post(s)
well before executing a report, you should be authenticated so I would say you need an intermediate step,
are you authenticate in Seal Report from your original page ?

instead of having a direct URL link, did you consider to run a small piece of JavaScript to perform the authentication before (CF sample at https://sealreport.org/demo/WebInterfaceAPI.html)

however I understand your need, it should be a feature to be able to execute a report directly by specifying (or not) a user name/pwd in the URL (even it is not very safe)...
can add this to the feature request :-)

Edited by user Thursday, December 1, 2016 12:53:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified