logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jeff  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2022 3:18:33 AM(UTC)
Jeff

Groups: Registered
Australia

I am doing a proof of concept for using Seal Reports. For our staging environment, I have a working 64bit instance on an S1 Azure Appservice. I was hoping to be able to spin up a development server on an F1 (Free Tier) Azure app service. The free tier of azure app service only supports 32bit architecture. I was using the 500 report to deploy the seal server, and the 510 report to deploy the reports. Unfortunately when browsing the seal server on the 32 bit free tier it fails with 500.30 (0xe0434352), suggesting that it is trying to execute 64bit files. I can find no settings/code in the deployment script suggesting support for 32 bit architecture.

The only reference I can find referencing target architecture is :

https://sealreport.org/Tutorials
"For .Net, Windows:
Depending on your distribution, set the Platform to '32bit' or '64bit'"

Indicating that 32bit is supported. Would appreciate some guidance here.

It would be awesome if anyone also had some reference implementation/docs for:
1) Deploying the seal reports application and associated reports via a pipeline like Azure Devops (there is a few throw away references to "it can be done with FTP" without any guidance.
2) Guidance on how to deploy the same reports with the pipeline mentioned above, targeting different environments (i.e. replacing the connection string? during seal reports server deployment.)
3) There are a ew "It depends..." type answers on this one on this site, however no clear examples of any of the scenarios for how to embed seal reports into an existing .net/angular app, hosted in azure, running on app services. I've seen the nuget package for seal, and the psuedo "test" files in the repo, surely generating a html file off to disk and spawning a new process isn't going to work up in the cloud. What other options are there? Ideally i'd like an api that calls the seal server and gives me a report either to embed in a razor page or an iframe (yuck) or something. I've seen the https://sealreport.org/demo/WebInterfaceAPI.html is this how it is typically done?

Thanks heaps for you time!

Edited by user Friday, March 25, 2022 3:20:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

epf  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2022 7:35:22 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 198 post(s)
A lot of questions,
Actually, there is no 32bit distribution anymore (I just updated the documentation to fix this),
if you want to use a 32bit version, you can compile it directly with Visual Studio.

Concerning Azure, no big experience from our side, and we are aware lack of documentation for this, so you are welcome if you want to share your experience or pull a request to enhance the documentations.

Thanks.
thanks 1 user thanked epf for this useful post.
Jeff on 3/25/2022(UTC)