logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bsh  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 1:53:14 PM(UTC)
bsh

Groups: Registered
Sweden

Hi!

I'm working on a project looking for a way to customize reports thats using c# / .NET and found Seal Report in my research on the internet. It looks very promising in my tests so far and I've successfully compiled version 1.8 a while ago and now noticed the new update to v2.0 is released. I've looked at and tested some of the new features and today tried to compile the source code but get stuck on this error:

1>------ Build started: Project: SealLibrary, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
1> SealLibrary -> C:\Test\Seal-Report-2.0\Seal-Report-2.0\Projects\SealLibrary\bin\Debug\SealLibrary.dll
1> The system cannot find the path specified.
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(4713,5): error MSB3073: The command "copy C:\Test\Seal-Report-2.0\Seal-Report-2.0\Projects\SealLibrary\..\..\..\seal-report\Repository\Views\Scripts\common.js C:\Test\Seal-Report-2.0\Seal-Report-2.0\Projects\SealLibrary\\..\SealWebServer\Scripts\
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(4713,5): error MSB3073: copy C:\Test\Seal-Report-2.0\Seal-Report-2.0\Projects\SealLibrary\..\..\..\seal-report\Repository\Views\Scripts\dataTables.js C:\Test\Seal-Report-2.0\Seal-Report-2.0\Projects\SealLibrary\\..\SealWebServer\Scripts\
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(4713,5): error MSB3073: copy C:\Test\Seal-Report-2.0\Seal-Report-2.0\Projects\SealLibrary\..\..\..\seal-report\Repository\Views\Scripts\datepicker.js C:\Test\Seal-Report-2.0\Seal-Report-2.0\Projects\SealLibrary\\..\SealWebServer\Scripts\
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(4713,5): error MSB3073: copy C:\Test\Seal-Report-2.0\Seal-Report-2.0\Projects\SealLibrary\..\..\..\seal-report\Repository\Views\Scripts\nvd3.js C:\Test\Seal-Report-2.0\Seal-Report-2.0\Projects\SealLibrary\\..\SealWebServer\Scripts\
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(4713,5): error MSB3073: copy C:\Test\Seal-Report-2.0\Seal-Report-2.0\Projects\SealLibrary\..\..\..\seal-report\Repository\Views\Scripts\seal.css C:\Test\Seal-Report-2.0\Seal-Report-2.0\Projects\SealLibrary\\..\SealWebServer\Scripts\" exited with code 1.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I've looked around the internet for similar problems and tested a couple of tips but nothing helps and the error appears regardless of VS2013 on Windows 7 or VS2015 Windows 8.1. I found a difference in the file "SealLibrary.csproj" where these lines is added in the new version:

<None Include="..\..\Repository\Views\Scripts\common.js">
<Link>Views\Scripts\common.js</Link>
</None>
<None Include="..\..\Repository\Views\Scripts\nvd3.js">
<Link>Views\Scripts\nvd3.js</Link>
</None>
<None Include="..\..\Repository\Views\Scripts\dataTables.js">
<Link>Views\Scripts\dataTables.js</Link>
</None>
<None Include="..\..\Repository\Views\Scripts\datepicker.js">
<Link>Views\Scripts\datepicker.js</Link>
</None>
<None Include="..\..\Repository\Views\Scripts\seal.css">
<Link>Views\Scripts\seal.css</Link>
</None>

Any thoughts on whats the cause?

Thanks in advance...

BR
epf  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:04:49 PM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Yes thank you for the Post, there is an error in the Post Build Events of the Seal Library Project (just the copy of the .js to the Web Server),
it has to be:
copy "$(ProjectDir)..\..\Repository\Views\Scripts\common.js" "$(ProjectDir)..\SealWebServer\Scripts\"
copy "$(ProjectDir)..\..\Repository\Views\Scripts\dataTables.js" "$(ProjectDir)..\SealWebServer\Scripts\"
copy "$(ProjectDir)..\..\Repository\Views\Scripts\datepicker.js" "$(ProjectDir)..\SealWebServer\Scripts\"
copy "$(ProjectDir)..\..\Repository\Views\Scripts\nvd3.js" "$(ProjectDir)..\SealWebServer\Scripts\"
copy "$(ProjectDir)..\..\Repository\Views\Scripts\seal.css" "$(ProjectDir)..\SealWebServer\Scripts\"

So you can update your project (or skip these copies if you do not use the Web Server).
I made the commit on GIT.