logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scott9677  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 8:51:36 PM(UTC)
scott9677

Groups: Registered

I have a nifty T-sql statement that I have come up with that allows you to enter a date range and it will use a SQL Server pivot to generate a report with the columns being the year-month and the rows being the sum of some data.

For instance, something like this if you pass in January 2018 to March 2018:

Sales

Type 2018-01 2018-02 2018-03
Net 10000 500 2500
Gross 12000 1000 3500

Is there a way to feed this into a Seal Report and be able to generate a report and a graph?

I'd also like to do it as a join of two results, one with the sums and the other with the counts.

I currently have the query in as a stored procedure.
epf  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 9:12:40 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 199 post(s)
If you do not have performances problem, you should create views that contains the SQL of the Pivot and load its definition into a data source.
Same remark for the other 2 results: just create views based on their SQL and define the joins.

If you are not allowed to create view, you can also cut/paste the SQL directly in the table defintion of the source. In this case, the Seal Report engine with use it as "select * from (your SQL) aliasName" to define a table named aliasName.

If you have performances problem and want to wait for the user input before, another approach is to us the report tasks to create a temporary through an SP for example.
In the forum, you have also some posts and samples to query a table from ma stored procedure.

Good luck.