logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CPBOURG  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:44:24 AM(UTC)
CPBOURG

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello!

As the reports can sometimes becomes complicated, or integrate business rules to target specific data, I would like to integrate some kind of information for the reports.

My first thought was to add information to our intranet (based on mediaWiki), describing the report, and the data behind it to make sure all users speak the same language (the famous 'One Version of the Truth').

And finally, I came to the conclusion that the best option would probably be to be able to add an HyperLink somewhere in the report, so that the user, whenever needed, can just click on the hyperlink, get the necessary information, and even can complete the information if necessary.

Would that be possible to add such hyperlink somewhere on the page (in the report footer, or in the Information tab menu, or somewhere else?).

Thanks !
Thomas

[EDIT] Just found the 'Report Description' field on the view where I can place the hyperlink, not automatically recognized as an hyperlink, but a right-click + GoTo will do the trick.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:53:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

epf  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 6:33:40 PM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 199 post(s)
You can add any HTML in your report result...
The simplest is to add a 'Free View' (right click on your parent View node and select 'Add Free View')
Then, you can edit the view Template and insert the HTML you want...you have also access to the report definition and models to customize it...
Just set 'Use custom template text' to true, and edit the 'Custom Template' property.