logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richardthomson  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 10:16:34 AM(UTC)
richardthomson

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi,

I was looking around for reporting tools that I could use for a test system, which clients could possibly use to monitor their own employees records that we store on our database.

The reports generated via the Seal Report generator look exactly like what we are looking for, however; we would need to integrate the report generation mechanism with the system we are building, whilst ensuring that only their employee data is returned.

As far as I can see, there are a couple of tools that sit on the server that generate reports, but the report builder seems to be standalone. Which is fine if I can hide data and store client specific reports somewhere.

Is this something that is currently possible with Seal Report?

Kind regards

Richard
epf  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 11:21:01 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Well this is a generic question. There are several ways to integrate Seal Report in your system depending on your needs and skills.

I imagine you want to use the Web Report Server as the Report Designer remain a fat client without security.
If you want to filter the data in reports, you have first to set up an authentication mode (several authentication providers can be used and configured using the Server Manager),
then once the user is authenticated, you might use his name and group to add dynamic restrictions in the property 'Additional WHERE clause' of the table you want to filter.
Thus the restriction will be applied dynamically to all your reports.

You have a small script sample to do that:
Code:
@using Seal.Model
@using Seal.Helpers
@{
  MetaTable table = Model;
  string restriction = Environment.UserName;
  if (table.Source.Report != null && table.Source.Report.SecurityContext != null)
  {
    restriction = table.Source.Report.SecurityContext.Name;
  }
  string result = string.Format("aColumnName={0}", Helper.QuoteSingle(restriction));
}
@Raw(result)

Another issue can be how to authenticate your user automatically from your system. There is no simple interface/protocol in the current version,
but you can sent Post Http Request to the Web Server to automate this....

Or if your source system is in the .Net framework, you can also list and execute directly the reports by your own, here is the code sample to do that:
https://sealreport.org/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=102#post226

Good luck.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 4, 2015 11:21:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked epf for this useful post.
richardthomson on 11/4/2015(UTC)
arvind  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 3, 2018 12:43:06 PM(UTC)
arvind

India

Originally Posted by: epf Go to Quoted Post
Well this is a generic question. There are several ways to integrate Seal Report in your system depending on your needs and skills.

I imagine you want to use the Web Report Server as the Report Designer remain a fat client without security.
If you want to filter the data in reports, you have first to set up an authentication mode (several authentication providers can be used and configured using the Server Manager),
then once the user is authenticated, you might use his name and group to add dynamic restrictions in the property 'Additional WHERE clause' of the table you want to filter.

Code:
@using Seal.Model
@using Seal.Helpers
@{
  MetaTable table = Model;
  {
  }
  string result = string.Format("aColumnName={0}", Helper.QuoteSingle(restriction));
}
@Raw(result)

Another issue can be how to authenticate your user automatically from your system. There is no simple interface/protocol in the current version,

Or if your source system is in the .Net framework, you can also list and execute directly the reports by your own, here is the code sample to do that:

Good luck.

Please give me Samples report
arvind  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 3, 2018 12:44:12 PM(UTC)
arvind

India

Originally Posted by: epf Go to Quoted Post

Code:
@using Seal.Model
@using Seal.Helpers
@{
  MetaTable table = Model;
  {
  }
}
@Raw(result)

Good luck.

Please give me Samples report