logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Asheesh  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2015 9:06:38 PM(UTC)
Asheesh

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello there,

I'm evaluating multiple options for Reporting tools in order to integrate with my ASP.NET MVC web application. I found your tool of interest, downloaded, and installed it and went ahead to use it Report Designer and Server Manager. However, I wasn't able to locate any documentation or .NET assemblies for programmatic integration with my existing web application. I wanted to check from you if you guys offer APIs for project integration or are the users simply limited to using the report designer and server manager tools without any programmatic access? If yes, I'd appreciate if you could share some more information with me in this regard.

Thanks,
Asheesh
epf  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2015 9:08:15 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 199 post(s)
The are several ways in integrating SR in your Web Application, and this depends on your requirements/needs:
using the Seal Web Server to execute the reports
Directly opening and executing a report from you controller

In the current version, there is no API/Wrapper object that could simplify the integration (could come in the future if projects are driving this...), so you have to understand and stick the current .Net Object and code.
A future version will probably propose to execute report through the Web Report Server by using HTTP request (probably REST or Web Services).

Check this first from http://sealreport.codeplex.com/documentation

Then you can have a look at the code in Web Report Server project: HomeController.cs contains all you need to load a report from a file and execute it...

But to make it simple, the following code shows you how to load a report from a file, execute it and display the HTML result:

Code:
            Repository repository = Repository.Create();
            Report report = Report.LoadFromFile(@"C:\ProgramData\Seal Report Repository\Reports\Dashboard - Sales.srex", repository);
            ReportExecution execution = new ReportExecution() { Report = report };
            execution.Execute();
            while (report.Status != ReportStatus.Executed) System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(100);
            string result = execution.GenerateHTMLResult();
            Process.Start(result);

Edited by user Friday, June 5, 2015 9:10:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

epf  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 12:30:54 PM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 199 post(s)
A small update: you can check the new 2.1 version which offers the Seal Web Interface to integrate Seal Report in your Web Site....
Seal Report 2.1