logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oktay  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2015 1:30:02 PM(UTC)
oktay

Groups: Registered
United Arab Emirates

I have tried to use the OLEDB (and ADODB?) connectors with this tool but I have no idea whether it's finding the drivers or what the connection string should look like. Curiously there is not mention of mysql anywhere. I am assuming it should be supported via generic interfaces at least. Has anyone tried it?

Edited by user Monday, May 18, 2015 1:31:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

epf  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2015 2:47:22 PM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 198 post(s)
You can connect with SR to MySQL through an ODBC driver...

You first have to download and install the ODBC MySQL driver 32bit version from https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/

Then create an ODBC Data Source using odbcad32.exe (you have to use the 32bit version, typically C:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe on a 64bit machine)

Finally create a Data Source in your Report or in the Server Manager with a connection using the OLE Preovider for ODBC and select the data source created.

You connection string will look like:
Code:
Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=True;Data Source=mysql;Initial Catalog=sakila

where mysql is the ODBC Data Source Name created previously and sakila is the database name.

I hope it helps.

Edited by user Monday, May 18, 2015 2:49:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

oktay  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2015 3:36:17 PM(UTC)
oktay

Groups: Registered
United Arab Emirates

Thanks. I didn't have obdcad32.exe there but it worked when I started ODBC Connection Manager from the control panel after searching about it online. The connection worked fine with the parameters you said. Now I have to see about how to use this program. Thanks a lot.