logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ayaz_3504  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2024 1:33:13 AM(UTC)
ayaz_3504

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hi,

I am a beginner. Installed Seal Report Designer, the latest version. Set up a simple table report connected to data source. But when I execute it I get the following error message:

"
Error got when executing the view 'Container(Container)':
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App\7.0.15\Microsoft.CSharp.dll'.

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App\7.0.15\Microsoft.CSharp.dll'.
"

I checked the folder and I have version 7.0.12 and 7.0.16 installed but not 7.0.15.

Is there a way to change the .net core version that is being used? Or do I now have to install .net core 7.0.15?

Thanks,
Ayaz
epf  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2024 7:19:10 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Normally there is no issue with the .Net version, just install the .Net 7.
Use the "Hosting Bundle" package.

For the Report Designer, to view reports you need also to install: Microsoft Edge WebView2
ayaz_3504  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2024 11:18:06 PM(UTC)
ayaz_3504

Groups: Registered
Australia

Really appreciate your feedback. However I do think it was a problem of not having a specific version of .net core. My reason being when I installed .net core version 7.0.15 everything started to work fine.
If possible try to test it without .net core version 7.0.15 in the environment or remove the folder 7.0.15 from C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App\ and see if there is any issue.