logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SealUser999  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2022 2:53:48 PM(UTC)
SealUser999

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone,

I am just starting with sealreport and need your guidance for some basic configuration to send my reports through email.
First, thank you for this great product. I is a bit impressive at first but once I understood the logic of report creation it is a quite comfortable tool to use :)

I am currently having an issue with being able to send the report I created with Email (I am using Outlook):

From the desktop app, the mail I receive contains the content of the information tab. then I get the content of the report tab (but without the graphs) and all the tables are cut (for example, the first column of the first table I can only see: "er Name" instead of "printer name")

From Outlook web app (with mozilla), the mail only contains "toggle navigation" and the menus of the html report ("report", "information", "messages","results") which seems to be clickable but nothing opens when i click on them.

I have two questions:
- is there a particular set up to be done to get the full report well displayed in my email?
- Is there a way to attach the zipped html report to the email that's being sent? (I haven't been able to find how to attach the report to the email so far)

epf  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2022 12:12:36 PM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Yes, viewing reports in email depends on the email client you are using.
Report result contains JavasScript and these are often not executed in a email.
So the best is to save the result in a folder, then view it in a normal browser.

There are several options in the Report Output (on a Email Device) you may try:
Use HTML for body message: true/false
Zip Result: true/false

Note that you should use the last 6.7 version as there is a bug in the 6.6 for email attachement trough SMTP.

thanks 1 user thanked epf for this useful post.
manon on 11/17/2022(UTC)
SealUser999  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2022 3:52:34 PM(UTC)
SealUser999

Groups: Registered

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

I didn't understand how the zip result works as I was never receiving it in my email.
I was in fact using v6.6.1. Switched to 6.7 and am now receiving the report attached to the mail :)

Thanks