logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jcarr  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 8:57:59 PM(UTC)
jcarr

Groups: Registered
United States

I hate to be a pest, and this may be common knowledge, but I can't seem to get Seal Reports working properly on a machine running Windows Server 2012.

I've got all my reports and a repository database. All connections, joins, etc. are fine, but when I try to run the report from Seal Designer, it opens the report but just says, "Processing..."

If I try to publish a website with files, I get an error that "Access to path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Seal' is denied.

I just tried setting up Seal reports on a laptop running Windows 7 and had no problems at all. I've been creating reports on a Windows 8 machine with no problems.

IIS is installed and running on the Windows Server 2012 machine.

My appologies if the solution is elementary stuff, but I'm a beginner when it comes to this sort of thing.

Thanks!
epf  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:54:34 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Strange, it is probably related to the security...
Did you run the setup with the option "Run as administrator..." ?
Same remark for the Report Designer and the Server Manager, I use to run them with the option "Run as administrator..." to avoid all these security issues...

The processing problem when you execute a report with the Designer is probably related to your Internet Explorer configuration: you have to allow JavaScript and ActiveContent
The Report Viewer is actually a wrapper to IE, so you have to configure IE.
There is an option in the Seal Report Designer (main menu -> Options -> Show script errors) that you can turn on.

The problem with the Web Server is probably related with the user used to define the Seal Report application pool in IIS, by default it is LocalSystem but you can use other user to test your path access (run IIS Manager to solve these issues).

Just let me know what was the problem...

epf.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:01:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked epf for this useful post.
jcarr on 7/15/2014(UTC)
jcarr  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 12:24:23 PM(UTC)
jcarr

Groups: Registered
United States

Thanks so much for the help. Between running the programs as administrator and turning on the "Show script errors," I was able to get it working perfectly. IE was blocking the content in the Reports Designer and once I ran the Server Manager as administrator, I was able to publish the website.

Thanks again!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage