logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DylanBaird  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2021 4:42:22 PM(UTC)
DylanBaird

Groups: Registered
Canada

Good afternoon,

First, I appreciate the inclusion of the sample database and the various sample reports. This is how I intend to teach myself how to better use your product. However, it would be great if I could access the database so I can better understand the use of joins in the samples, and how the various columns and graphs are populated in the models for the report generator.

Obviously, I cannot be granted access to the demo database found on ariacom.com. However, there is also a local sql server connection included in the demo. Forgive my lack of knowledge of Windows and of SQl Server, I do not frequently use them. How is this configured? Is there a local SQL Server instance that is created upon installation? If so, how can that be accessed? If not, is it possible to create this?

In short, I would like access to the DB schema and data so I can better understand the demos. Regardless of whether it is your DB, a local instance, or just a dump (so I can populate a DB of my own), is there any way to have access to this data?

Thank you for any assistance.

Dylan
epf  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 7:01:55 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 198 post(s)
It is easy and free to install the Northwind database.
First install a SQLServer Express edition on your computer with Management Studio.
Then run the Northwind SQL script got from https://github.com/micro...atabases/northwind-pubs.
Good luck.
thanks 1 user thanked epf for this useful post.
DylanBaird on 7/26/2021(UTC)
DylanBaird  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 4:22:13 PM(UTC)
DylanBaird

Groups: Registered
Canada

I appreciate the quick response.

I just presumed it was your own database, but now of course this makes a great deal of sense to use a standard demo DB. For anyone else, taking a close look at the DB schema really helped make much more clear how the models are being generated for the sample reports.

Edited by user Monday, July 26, 2021 4:22:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Formatting