logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ott  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 3:26:47 PM(UTC)
Ott

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/9/2017(UTC)
Posts: 29
Canada

Thanks: 1 times
Hello,

I have installed the PDF/Excel converter according to the instruction at https://ariacom.com/SealConverterInstallation. I also have a License.slc file for it and copied it to the Settings folder.

When I try to use from the Web Report Server, I receive the following error:

Sorry, we got an unexpected exception.
Please consult log files on the server machine to have more information (Logs Repository folder and Windows Event Logs on Windows machine)...

The Windows Event viewer reports the following:

Unexpected error:

Error in Converter Razor Script for PDF conversion:
[A]Seal.Converter.PdfConverter cannot be cast to [B]Seal.Converter.PdfConverter. Type A originates from 'SealConverter, Version=6.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'LoadFrom' at location 'D:\SealReport\Seal Report Repository\Assemblies\SealConverter.dll'. Type B originates from 'SealConverter, Version=6.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'Default' at location 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\seal\71dabcb0\16578aea\assembly\dl3\aaa02ba7\00e380e8_bf06d701\SealConverter.dll'.

Do you have any ideas what might be causing these errors?

Yves
epf  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 6:01:48 AM(UTC)
epf

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 12/20/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,011
Switzerland

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 173 time(s) in 167 post(s)
I guess you have an old sealconverter.dll in the bin folders from a previous installation...
Just remove it.
Ott  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 12:57:52 PM(UTC)
Ott

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/9/2017(UTC)
Posts: 29
Canada

Thanks: 1 times
Hi,

The Seal installation was a fresh install.

I found the SealConverted.dll file in 3 locations, all with the same date: 2021-02-19:
C:\Program Files\Seal Report
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Seal Report\bin
D:\SealReport\Seal Report Repository\Assemblies

I renamed the 3 files with a .dll_bck extension and then ran a report (fat client), when I click on 'View PDF Result', I receive the message:
The PDF Converted is not implemented in the open source version...

When I start the Web Report Designer, I get an error saying:
Could not load file or assembly 'SealConverter.dll_bck' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

The problem seems to be related to another issue.

Yves
epf  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 1:28:48 PM(UTC)
epf

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 12/20/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,011
Switzerland

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 173 time(s) in 167 post(s)
you should only have one SealConverter.dll in the Repository\Assemblies folder.
do not rename the other files, just remove them.
then,
test the converter using the Report Designer fat client
if ok, test the converter using the Web Report Server.

Ott  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 1:37:12 PM(UTC)
Ott

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/9/2017(UTC)
Posts: 29
Canada

Thanks: 1 times
Eric,

I did what you mentioned above, now I'm getting this error from the Report Designer (fat client):

Error in Converter Razor Script for PDF conversion:
Method not found: 'Winnovative.HtmlToPdfConverter Seal.Converter.PdfConverter.get_Converter()'

Yves
dsydsy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 2:32:02 PM(UTC)
dsydsy

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/15/2019(UTC)
Posts: 10
United States
Location: AZ

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi there,

We are having this same issue. Was the solution determined?
epf  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2021 6:27:40 AM(UTC)
epf

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 12/20/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,011
Switzerland

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 173 time(s) in 167 post(s)
This is probably due to a .dll conflict with previous version.
So you have to check that the SealReportConverter.dll is installed at the right place (in Assemblies folder of your Repository from the 6.1) and not somewhere else.
check https://ariacom.com/SealConverterInstallation


The issue was solved by un-installing and re-installing the product.

Edited by user Friday, October 15, 2021 6:32:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.