logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Baker  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 9:59:36 AM(UTC)
Baker

Groups: Registered
Bangladesh

I have installed the latest version of SealReport which is 5.5. I am trying to create sub-report from Report Designer tool but I am getting this error "Unable to create the detail report. Please save the data source first...". I'm not sure what it is asking specifically but I think I have saved the data source. I did try an alternative by creating a sub-report from Server Manager tool. But when I try to link with an existing sub-report, it give this error - "Unable to add this sub-report: The report doesn't contain any restriction." I double check that it does contain restriction. I have tried to similar thing with Northwind Database but I'm getting the same issues. I tried to link Customer.Customer ID with a sub-report Customer Details that contains Customer ID as restriction with Prompt at execution. It would be really helpful if you can guide me or help out in this matter.
epf  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 7:14:42 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Yes, normally the Data Source has to be saved before creating the Detail Report...
I recommend to Stop/Start the Server Manager and Report Designer to have a clean situation where you can eventually add/create your Sub-Report...
This may be enhanced in future version...