logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Alex Keil  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 2:50:58 AM(UTC)
Alex Keil

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hello all
I recently upgraded to seal reports v 5.0 (basically a fresh installation). I just ran the installer and it installed over the top of existing files

Getting the following when i try to run any report

Error got when executing the view 'View(Report)':
'System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair<string,Seal.Model.RepositoryTranslation>' does not contain a definition for 'Context' and no extension method 'Context' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair<string,Seal.Model.RepositoryTranslation>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

The predefined type 'System.Collections.Generic.IReadOnlyList' is defined in multiple assemblies in the global alias; using definition from 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll'
Line 0 Column 0 Error Number CS1685
The predefined type 'System.Collections.Generic.IReadOnlyCollection' is defined in multiple assemblies in the global alias; using definition from 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll'
'System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair<string,Seal.Model.RepositoryTranslation>' does not contain a definition for 'Context' and no extension method 'Context' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair<string,Seal.Model.RepositoryTranslation>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Line 234 Column 101 Error Number CS1061

The predefined type 'System.Collections.Generic.IReadOnlyList' is defined in multiple assemblies in the global alias; using definition from 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll'
The predefined type 'System.Collections.Generic.IReadOnlyCollection' is defined in multiple assemblies in the global alias; using definition from 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll'

Execution errors:

I've tried creating a brand new report based on old data sources, and i've tried making a new data source and creating a report based on that new datasource. Each time i get the same error messgea as soon as i hit 'Execute'

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
epf  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:04:27 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Looks like the compilation of the main Report View Template fails...
So I would say that the Report Manage executable does not manage to read all assemblies.

Did you try to run the Report Manager As Administrator ?
Can you reinstall the product running the setup as Administrator ?
Alex Keil  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 11:52:32 PM(UTC)
Alex Keil

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hello and thanks for that
Yes i have tried installing as an Admin, and also running as an Admin.

I might get someone else to try a fresh install and see if that narrows the issue down.

Thanks