logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheWildHealer  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 8:57:38 AM(UTC)
TheWildHealer

Groups: Registered
France

Heya,

I am trying to make a user group and an admins group. I would like to have the admins to have acces to the users personal folders.

However, I will have multiple users/admins group pairs (with no acess to other pair's users folders), and for obvious extensibility issues I don't want to specify each user personal folder in the admins acces rights.

So, is there a way to group users' personal folders by group, or any other way to reach my objective ?

Thanks.
epf  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:59:51 PM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 198 post(s)
If you are referring the 'Personal Folder' managed by Seal Report, I would say it is not possible for another user to view it...
There is no way to configure: users of Group A can view Personal Folders of users of Group B.
Could be an enhancement if the security management.

Otherwise if you forget the'Personal Folder' and if you want to dive into C# and into the Seal Report Security Model,
you can always use the 'Custom Security Script' to create groups and folders dynamically...but this requires to look in the source code as there is no documentation so far.
thanks 1 user thanked epf for this useful post.
TheWildHealer on 12/13/2018(UTC)