logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scott9676  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 9:47:18 PM(UTC)
scott9676

Groups: Registered
United States

Is there a way to deploy this to Azure to generate a live dashboard for an Azure based SQL Server?

We are looking for alternatives to the long ended Azure Reporting Service.
epf  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 9:09:01 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Hi, no sorry no experience so far with an Azure deployment...
The Web Report Server is a standard ASP.Net application, accessing the repository files, so it should not be difficult.
Thank you for any feedback.
scott9676  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 5:41:40 PM(UTC)
scott9676

United States

I have it deployed to Azure, and I have the repository directory moved. I'm able to log in if I select basic authentication or pass through if I select no security.

The problem I'm having now is that I can't see any report files in the directory. If I add a directory under the reports directory I am able to see the directory but none of the files. I have moved all of the files from the d:\programdata\Seal Report Repository into the new repository with the same directory names.

For the install I copied all of the files from the 'web' directory up to Azure, created a repository directory within that directory, created the subdirectories, and then pointed the web.config file to the new repository directory.

I'm guessing it is some sort of security thing? Any thoughts?

epf  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 7:29:41 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 198 post(s)
You are right, you should change the Repository Folder in your web.config.
Then, I would say that the process/user impersonated by IIS has no right to list files in the directory you are pointed to...
What authentication method is used in IIS (Anonymous I guess, if so check the that user identity used has rights on the repository folder).
Check also the identity of the application pool if you can do that in Azure.
Thank you to let us know.
scott9677  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 1:05:21 PM(UTC)
scott9677

As a long term follow up it does work fine in Azure. It takes a little futzing with setting the repository folder, but if you create an app service you can use the editor to manually push all of the files up using the App Service Editor.

You can use F12 in your browser to figure out what you missed/don't have lined up quite right. I put the repository under the wwwroot folder and set the repositorypath to just the name of the folder. It is then tied to Azure AD so it requires a login with 2FA.