logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JoPitts  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 8:42:06 PM(UTC)
JoPitts

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Hi all.
I hope I am posting this in the right place - it is my first post and I'm just experimenting with Seal Report.

I have created a data source that points to a MySQL Database, and created a very quick first test report.

I get the following error when I try to execute the report
9:31:21 AM Error in model 'model': Unexpected error when executing the following SQL statement:
SELECT DISTINCT
all_people_20180105.[Email Address] AS C0,
all_people_20180105.[First Name] AS C1,
all_people_20180105.[Last Name] AS C2
FROM all_people_20180105
ORDER BY all_people_20180105.[Email Address] ASC,all_people_20180105.[First Name] ASC,all_people_20180105.[Last Name] ASC

Error detail:
ERROR [42000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.3(w) Driver][mysqld-5.7.20-log]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[Email Address] AS C0,
all_people_20180105.[First Name] AS C1,
all_people_' at line 2

MySql wants to handle columns with spaces in the names with reverse quotes `<field name>` rather than [<field name>].

I'm assuming I've missed something blindingly obvious here?

Cheers
Jo
epf  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 7:13:33 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Yes, it looks like a small adjustment to be made in the Wizard that creates the column for MySQL databases...
I wonder if this depends on MySQL version as [] is normally standard for Ansi SQL.

I would recommend to edit you columns manually with the Server Manager and replace the [] by '' to make it works, since this feature is fixed.
JoPitts  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 7:06:30 PM(UTC)
JoPitts

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

EPF,
that is a fine solution for a small report, but not much use in a more complex environment. I admit to being surprised by the use of the `` as a column identifier (and I'm not a fan of spaces in columns anyway, but it isn't my database).

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Jo