logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Craig  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:36:24 PM(UTC)
Craig

Groups: Registered
United States

I have been looking for a non-java report writer supporting ODBC and found Seal. I did both quick start lessons and was happy to be able to connect to my datasource. The first report had one join that worked fine and returned basic data. But as I tried to expand that report with a second join, it won't work. I go to the support forums and find questions I would never even think to ask about lots of functionality that I don't see anywhere. Where are these users learning about this product? Is there any documentation. Any training at all? I do not find this very intuitive and frankly the descriptions with the fields tell you nothing about how to use the product. Thanks for your help, I had high hopes when I found Seal but am now just frustrated and disappointed.
epf  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 8:52:03 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Actually the product is quite new...and so it remains poor in tutorial, community, forums etc. but hopefully it will go better and better (contributions are welcomed !).

Concerning your joins problem, you probably have to define an extra Join between your tables.
This can be done in the data source definition (either in the Report or in the Server Manager if you want to share the Data Source among reports which is normally a good idea),
just expand Source->(Your Source Name)->Joins
Here you can add/edit/remove joins between your table.
Once a join is define between 2 tables you can use the table columns in the same model, the engine will take care of building the SQL....

Good luck.