logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
siobhan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2014 10:17:38 AM(UTC)
siobhan

Groups: Registered
Ireland

Hi
I would like to create a report that has totals for Groups within Groups,

Please see an example below

Type Total
Biscuits 100

Digestive 50
Chocolate 30
Milk 10
Dark 20
Plain 20

Pink Waffer 20

Rich Tea 20

Hobb Nobbs 10
Chocolate 5
Plain 5

I know you add the Group By into the elements however if you add another field to that box it does a group by including both of those fields.

Can you give me an idea of how to go about the above.

Thanks,
Siobhan
epf  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:06:20 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Hi, sorry but the question is not so clear for me, you may describe better your table and data and the result you want...
You cannot have a group by inside another group by unless you write your own SQL and use it in the SealMasterTable.

You can also read the posts concerning Analytics (in the Advanced Tricks and Tips section) and you will probably be able to achieve your goal.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:09:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

siobhan  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 11:25:46 AM(UTC)
siobhan

Ireland

I know you think this is a self explanatory tool, however you really need to create a help document with screen shots.

Everything I go do is not straight forward...... It is very different from any other reporting tool and needs documentation with examples.
siobhan  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 9:00:39 AM(UTC)
siobhan

Ireland

What I am really asking in this topic is how do I create a detail line below another detail line. sing the SQ

I know I create all my counts etc using SQL into either a view or the Seal master table. It the way I want the detailed displayed that I am having trouble with. To have a second detail line is very common in reporting I just don't see any documentation on how to use the elements to display this info.

The second detail line shows some additional information associated with the line above. Like in the example above where the report is showing The total Number of biscuits liked, then on the following detailed line shows detail of what are the types of biscuits like Digestive, Pink Waffer, however I want to show them on separate lines.
epf  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 7:27:03 AM(UTC)
epf

Switzerland

Hi, I understand your requirements and it is a common request to do Master-Detail in reporting, but unfortunately it is not really obvious do do that with Seal Report as the model returns only one DataTable from a single SQL statement.

You can have a kind of master-detail by using the Page elements, then you have a break per value where you can use the Column and Row to display the detail...
Otherwise it is planned in a future version, to have detail report you can run from another report element, but this feature is not available yet.

Eric.
siobhan  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:20:04 AM(UTC)
siobhan

Ireland

Hi

I am happy to try the column and rows option. Can you give me a small example of how this works?

Thanks
epf  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 1:51:14 PM(UTC)
epf

Switzerland

It is quite simple, just drag and drop your master elements only in the Page panel,
then use the normal Rows, Columns, Data panels for your detail tables,

you will then have a Page table followed by a Detail table for each different values of the page elements (CF the sample report 01-Simple List where you have the detail of the products for each category)

The main problem is that you cannot have aggregate (Sum, average, etc..) in the Page tables....

Eric