logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CPBOURG  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 10:57:39 AM(UTC)
CPBOURG

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi,

I would like to use the sub-report functionality, to be able to go from one report to another one, but on a table with a different granularity, and this without using joins.

For instance, I have a report on orders, it displays all orders lines. Whenever hoovering on the order number, I would like to be able to go to the subreport displaying all invoice lines related to that order. But as an order line could be split into multiple invoice lines (because of a delivery split, or a credit note, or a proforma line, ...).

With the current situation, if I want this subreport link to work, I need to define the join between both tables, but in that case, the join is also active (even if not selected in the Join Preferences of the model) on the source report. Causing the orders report to be wrong, because of the link to all invoice lines... 1 order line linked to 2 invoice lines, the measure in the order report is then reflecting the number of invoice lines...

Is it an error in the Join preferences because of the subreport? or is it possible to use a subreport without join (but then how?)

Thanks !
Thomas
epf  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 8:55:37 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Well, it is not very clear what is the impact with Join Preferences,you have a sample Orders -> Order Detail in Northwind.
The subreport is based on the 'Orders/Order Id' element which is linked to the 'Order Detail' subreport.
Is the sample the same for you ?

CPBOURG  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 9:34:13 AM(UTC)
CPBOURG

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I think so, but I am trying a different combination I guess, as both report are NOT based on the same table.

Orders and Order details in NorthWind are based on the same table : Orders.
epf  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 10:02:09 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 199 post(s)
No, in Northwind Orders and [Order Details] are 2 separate tables...