logo

Warning: The forum is now for consultation only. Please use GitHub Discussions to post any questions or comments.

Welcome Guest ! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
j.torres@tewis.com  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 11:13:47 AM(UTC)
j.torres@tewis.com

Groups: Registered
Man
Spain

Hello.
I've my first report ready. The problem is that when executing it from designer works perfect, but when executing it through web (Chrome, Firefox and Edge), the rendered results are a little bit differents. For instance, one table which row field (year) is ordered descendent, in web is not ordered. Another big error is NVD3 chart with two stacked area. The chart is not correctly rendered (one series should be flat but appears increasingly) although the values are OK (I can see it in the tooltip). Is very strange. Some idea about it?

To get the table correctly ordered in web I've to set in the Data Table biew the "Sort is enabled" to TRUE and "Sort configuration" as I want to sort. The sort configured from the model is ignored. If "Sort is enabled" is FALSE, the table the order is correct. Is there any way to sort the table without enabling the sort?? In my case it has no sense the user can sort the table, and the sort icons dirty the tableview.

Thanks in advance

Edited by user Tuesday, May 21, 2019 3:54:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: New inquiries

epf  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:20:32 AM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Hi thank you for your feedbacks,
The HTML generated for the report result is the same (same code) but
when using the Report Designer, the result is rendered by the current IE installed on Windows, from the Web it depends on the browser you are using, you might have little differences....
For NVD3 it is probably a problem in the library, we recommend to use Chart JS which is more reliable and documented.

For your sort problem I wonder it is related to the cache stored by the DataTable component:
once you have chosen to sort a table on a column by clicking on the header, the choice is stored in a state and could be reapply (refer to stateSave in Report.cshtml).
But I cannot reproduce your problem, can you make a sample with Northwind ?

To check that the problem comes from this, just edit the Template of your root view and remove the stateSave stuff (stateSave, stateSaveCallback, stateLoadCallback) and see if it changes...
j.torres@tewis.com  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 10:21:21 AM(UTC)
j.torres@tewis.com

Groups: Registered
Man
Spain

Thanks epf.
Regarding NVD3 issue, I think the problem is not the web browser. I've checked the report with Edge, IE, Firefox and Chrome, and the result is the same. I've used NVD3 because I need to use stacked area series, and the implementation of ChartJS doesn't include this kind of charts.
Regarding the sort problem, I don't think the problem is related with cache. In one hand, the results were wrong from the first rendering. In fact, I had the sort disabled from the beginning. In the otherhand, the values are completelly disordered. It's a table with 4 years rows (2019..2015), and the years are not ordered in any way. However, I've removed all the stateSave stuff and the problem still is.
I'll try to reproduce the error with Northwind and send to you.

Is this normal?
//pie chart
if (chartType == 'pieChart') {
(@chartId)
.x(function (d) { return xLabels[d.x] })
.showLabels(true)
.labelThreshold(.05) //Configure the minimum slice size for labels to show up
.labelType('percent') //Configure what type of data to show in the label. Can be key, value or percent
.donut(true)
.donutRatio(0.35) //Configure how big you want the donut hole size to be
;

(@chartId).tooltip.valueFormatter(function (d) {
return YPrimaryValueFormatter(d);
});
}
//stacked area
---->!! else if (chartType == 'pieChart') {
(@chartId).interactiveLayer.tooltip.headerFormatter(function (d, i) {
return d;
});
}
Any alternative in the meanwhile?

Ok. It seems that is a general problem. I've check the same chart with ChartJS using line series with fill option enabled (that is similar to stacked line) and works ok in the designer but not in any browser. An important observation. In my case, the chart has two series and the axis are months. One serie is "Budget" and the other "Sales". In the designer, the series a in this order "Sales"-"Budget". But in the browsers the order is the opossite. I think it's important cause the problem now is that the bigger series covers the smaller one. The points are there (because yo can see the tooltip of both series) but the smallest serie is not shown, seems to be behind. May I have an email to send you image captures showing all these?

Edited by user Wednesday, May 22, 2019 11:50:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: New inquiries

epf  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 4:22:45 PM(UTC)
epf

Groups: Administrators
Switzerland

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Thank you for giving the reports showing the error.
The Chart and Sort issues you mentioned are bugs which will be fixed in the 5.0